Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hunger Games

My mother has overrun me with her blog - already adding pictures and whatnot! Oh dear oh dear! :) I have GOT to get a move on.

Woke up to a sniffly roomie watching Now and Then which I had no idea was part of my DVD collection. Somedays I think I have too many movies, other days I feel as if I could buy a whole thousand more - mine is puny compared with ... well, tons of other collections!

I can't wait to finish reading Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I keep stopping to look up words but I think I have come up with a good alternative: stop every 7 words, do a mass look-up, and re-read the last batch of 7. I can't define all of the words yet accurately, but they are making an impression in my mind!

Yay for learning!

1 comment:

  1. he he bmae! i'm checking out your blogspot. i want to read what you think about Hunger Games!! could make for a lively conversation... perhaps get others in on it too. i love that you look up the words you aren't sure of. pretty smart, that! yay for learning, absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete